WYOGA Classified Ads
Pendergraft Outfitters is looking for a camp cook. We are a vibrant, multi-generational family-owned company based in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, that offers packtrips and hunting trips into the surrounding wilderness areas. Applicants need to have some horse experience and be a confident cook. You will need to be comfortable planning menus, purchasing, and prepping food. About half the trips are progressive where we camp and cook for groups in different camps along the trail. The other half are based out of our assigned camp deep in the Teton Wilderness; it is one of the best camps in North America. We are looking for someone who is interested in a career in the wilderness.
Wilderness Trails Inc. is hiring for spring and summer season. We are looking for a few hands to join our team. Experience preferred but willing to train the right person.
Cooks are responsible for creating menus
Cooking for 2-20 people 3 meals per day
(Comfortable well equipped cook tent)
Must keep a very clean kitchen
Must follow all bear safety protocols
Open fire cooking is also a must
Same as above with horse experience
(Packing experience would be a bonus)
Guide 1/2 and full day adventures
Catch and saddle horses daily
Feed and grain
Basic veterinary care
Rustic accommodations provided. Salary DOE. Feel free to send me an email to moc.oohay@70naejacceber.
Offgrid Outdoors is looking for a camp cook from Sept 15 thru Oct 12, 2022. We stay in a house and the cook has their own room and an indoor kitchen. There will be 6-12 people in camp at different times. The hunting camp is near LaGrange, Wyoming. Call Rusty Hall at 801-389-5444 for more information.
Yellowstone Outfitter-Hunting & Fishing Camps is looking for a wilderness camp cook to start June 1–August. Contact Lynn at 307.654.1227.
Manage our private lodge in remote Lake Clark National Park, Port Alsworth, Alaska!
Position available: Lodge manager or manager team (couple) at Alaska Ventures Lodge
Wages: TBD, by experience + room (managers house) and board
Experience: handyman, mechanically minded, hospitality, boating, flying would be a bonus.
May 1st through September 30th, annually
We are recruiting either a manager who can work with another local person, or management team, possibly a couple, to operate, manage and maintain our private lodge located in the small bush village of Port Alsworth. We are on the shore of beautiful Lake Clark, which is the center of Lake Clark National Park and Preserve, about 150 miles southwest of Anchorage.
The lodge is used for our personal use and a few family members along with close friends. We do not rent out cabins or do any commercial services. We are looking for someone who can offer our few guests a relaxing and fun filled weeks’ vacation in “God’s Country”! We have many friends in Port Alsworth so we don’t have guests every week.
The facility is located on a point of land with outstanding views, and consists of the Main Lodge with a lounging area, dining area, recreation area, manager’s office, owner’s office and a modern and newly remodeled commercial kitchen. There are 5 lakeshore cabins, the large manager’s home with kitchen, storage and shop buildings, aircraft hangar, and a dock/boathouse. There are nice lawns, flowers and pathways throughout. All buildings have good internet, satellite TV, land line and cell phone service.
Our small bush community is about 200 people in the summer, has a church, summer snack bar, no stores, two airports with daily air service to Anchorage, seaplane areas, the National Park headquarters, and our much loved Samaritan’s Purse “Heal our Patriots” facilities. There are few roads on which most preferred travel is by 4-wheelers. The lodge has a pickup and 4-wheelers for our use.
We have a number of boats and water toys, one fully enclosed, three aircraft for visiting distant lakes or beaches. Although we love children, the lodge is not conducive to children or teenagers living at the lodge full time.
The manager (and assistant) or management team are responsible for:
- Opening up the lodge in Spring which includes getting all water, fuel, heaters and docks ready for use.
- Basically un-winterizing the property for a fun summer of play
- Maintaining the yard (mowing, planting pots with flowers) and keeping the lawns/pot watered.
- Maintaining equipment or ensuring it is working.
- Provisioning foods, supplies, and materials (generally shopping is done by an expediter and flown in from Anchorage.)
- Help prepare boats, airplanes for use.
- Both helping provide or providing meals either by managing a person or by doing the cooking.
- Must be fit and able to accompany guests on short hikes and fishing trips into the mountains, lakes and rivers, and similar outdoor activities
- Closing up the lodge at the end of the year (winterizing the property.) which is the reverse of opening the lodge in the spring.
- Having fun!
Some of the things we are looking for in an applicant.
- Be a good communicator who enjoys people.
- Capable and happy
- Confident and a self-starter, self-motivated, a doer.
- Good manager of time.
- Willing to work long days. Generally taking a break mid-day.
- Possesses a love and respect for nature.
- Outdoor skills, boating, kayaking, fishing, etc.
- Experience around aircraft. Pilots welcomed.
- Simple computer skills, email, photos, etc.
- Mechanically inclined for equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Neat and organized
- Comfortable in the kitchen
- Keeping up good relationships with our community, neighbors, National Park personnel, and others.
- Non-smoker, no pot or any kind of drugs. Light drinker is ok as we all enjoy wine with dinner.
- Must have good moral values
Naturally, there are many things that come up and need to be addressed on a daily basis too numerous to mention. The lodge enjoyed a superb manager for nearly 25 years and he is happy to assist the new manager in opening the lodge this May. The lodge will provide spring and fall air transportation to and from the lodge.
Please apply via email to moc.maptnek@tneK and we will get right back to you with any questions you may have.